Skip to main content



Mountain Sky Geometric Quilt Pattern

The Mountain Sky Geometric Quilt Pattern came about after I was looking to do something different than my last pattern.  I happened upon a friend's photo on instagram that she had taken on her honeymoon in Montana.  Here's the photo.

I thought that it would be neat to recreate as an improv piece and sketched something up (minus the hot guy).  But then I wasn't I started sketching half square triangles in the sketch since they're my fave and realized how I could make this my own.

You can purchase the Mountain Sky Geometric Quilt Pattern here in my Craftsy shop. Three sizes are included in the pattern.  This is the Mini/Wall Hanging size made in all solid fabrics.
This one is the Baby size, which was made with all prints and went a little scrappy in the sky just for fun.  I used prints that would represent each area, fish in the water, trees in the hills and birds in the sky.

Here is the Throw size which is a quite generous size.  My son is standing on a chair …

Latest Posts

Selvage Weaving Rug Mug Coaster Mini Tutorial

Sun Square Quilt Pattern

Make Do Quilt

Pyramid Wheel Paper Piecing Pattern